The Parson’s Closet is a resale shop located on the grounds of the Easthampton Congregational Church. The regular hours of operation are Thursday and Friday 10 am to 7 pm and on Saturdays 10 am to 2 pm. Come and see what’s new. There is always something for everyone.
Dumpster Days are here! Doing some spring cleaning? Need a place to dispose of your trash? Our annual Dumpster Days fundraiser will be held Tuesday, May 28th through Friday, May 31st from 6-8 pm and Saturday, June 1st from 9-12 or until the dumpster is filled. No tvs, computers, electronics, large appliances, tires, large furniture, or hazardous waste accepted. Prices: cars- $25, van, SUV, truck, large vehicle- $40. You do not need to be a member of the church to participate. Thank you to Duseau Trucking for generously donating the dumpster.
Please join us on Sunday, June 2nd as we welcome 12 young men and women into our church body. This is a communion Sunday. After church, we will be hosting a picnic to honor the confirmands. This is a very special occasion and we are excited to have these new members complete their journey. Hope to see you all there.
Please consider worshiping at the Easthampton Congregational Church during this Lenten season. A listing of services are below;
- Palm Sunday, March 24th, 10 AM with special music. Coffee hour and fellowship afterwards in Fellowship Hall.
- Light Soup Dinner- March 28th, 6:15 PM Please join us for a meal before our Maundy Thursday service, in the meeting room.
- Maundy Thursday, March 28th, 7 PM. Come and participate in this moving reenactment of the Last Supper.
- Easter Sunrise Service, March 31st, 6:30 AM, Molitoris Orchard, Park Hill Road, Easthampton. Come and celebrate with us in this very moving service.
- Easter Sunday, March 31st, 10 AM, Celebrate Christ’s Rising here in our sanctuary. Fellowship and coffee after the service.
Any questions, please feel free to contact the church office for more information. Hope to see you soon.
It is February already and our Lenten journey will be beginning soon. Please mark your calendars for the following upcoming services. Hope to see you soon.
- February 10th- Jazz Sunday- come and hear our music director Ellen Cogen and other musicians during the 10 am service. You will not be disappointed.
- February 13th- Ash Wednesday- there will be a light supper of soup and bread in the meeting room, followed by an Ash Wednesday service in the chapel at 7:00 pm. All are encouraged to come to this very moving service to begin Lent.
- February 24th- Heifer Project Bake Sale- The Sunday School students will be baking items for the Heifer Project. Please support this worthwhile cause.
On Sunday, January 27th, 2013, we will hold our annual meeting to conduct the business of the church. This is a very important function of our church body, and all members are encouraged to attend. The meeting will be held in Fellowship Hall following the worship service. Any questions, please call the church office. The Annual Reports are available at the church. See you then!
Please join us during the advent season for a very meaningful way to celebrate the reason for the season- Jesus!
- Saturday, December 8th- 5:30 pm- Living Nativity with live animals. Refreshments. All are welcome. This takes place outdoors- dress warmly!
- Sunday, December 9th- 10:00 am- Original Christmas Pageant during worship.
- Tuesday, December 11th- 7:00 pm- Blue Christmas Service @ St. Phillip’s (right next door to ECC).
- Sunday, December 23rd- 10:00 am- Christmas Service with Special Music. ECC boasts a phenomenal choir and director. Come and enjoy this special music while worshiping the Lord.
- Monday, December 24th- Christmas Eve Lessons, Carols and Candles- NEW this year- two different times. 3:30 pm in the Chapel (handicap accessible) and 5:00 pm in the sanctuary. Please join us!
- Sunday, December 30th- Missionary John Campbell-Nelson will be present to give us an overview of Global Ministries. There will be a potluck luncheon and discussion. More information to follow.
Just some reminders-
- Annual Fall Fair is this coming Saturday, November 3rd in Fellowship Hall. Please plan on attending this important event in the life of the church. Lots of goodies for sale- rumor has it that Rick’s chicken tortellini soup will be available! YUM!
- Walking in the Way- our final session is scheduled for Saturday, November 17th from 9-12. Even if you have not been able to attend the previous sessions, your participation is encouraged for this final session. We will be reviewing our behavioral covenant draft and celebrating the many positive people and events at ECC.